80% of customers are more likely to purchase a product or service from a brand that provides personalized experiences. One of the best ways to personalize this experience for shoppers is with a customer account page that is branded and built with specific features to simplify your customer’s experience.
Shopify provides merchants with a customer account page that includes basic features like address and order management. But, to provide this personalized experience, Shopify’s generic customer account page isn’t enough. Instead, you need to let shoppers turn your customer account into their personal playground, where they can earn rewards, view their saved items, and reorder without any hassle.
Here are 8 reasons why you need a branded customer account page.
8 Reasons You Need a Branded Customer Account Page
1. Make your customer account page consistent to your Shopify store design
The generic Shopify customer account page has no personality and often looks inconsistent to the rest of the Shopify store design. With a customer account app like Flits, you can transform the design for this page and set it up to look like the rest of your Shopify store.
By being able to customize the customer account page and its design, you can deliver a seamless shopping experience to visitors and stay true to your store design and personality.
2. Add a personalized touch to your store
Shoppers want a personalized experience. With personalized features like rewards and wishlists, shoppers are more likely to come back to your store and even save details (with wishlisting) that they can refer to later.
An enhanced and branded customer account can do this for you. You can add your branding and enable personalized features to set up a customer account experience that shoppers would want to come back to and spend time tinkering with.
3. Increase repeat purchases with rewards
Rewards programs are a great way to make customers come back to your store to make another purchase and build loyalty among them.
On your customer account, you can let your shoppers earn rewards for activities like placing an order, reviewing a product, and even referring new customers. Shoppers can then redeem these rewards on their next order.
This way, you can get your shoppers to continue interacting with your brand and increase repeat purchases.
4. Simplify reordering experiences
Some stores sell products that require another purchase. You can make it easier for shoppers to reorder products they previously purchased like supplements, haircare or skincare items, etc with a one-click reorder button on the customer account page.
Instead of navigating to that product page and then clicking on the ‘Add to cart’ button there, your shopper can just click on the ‘Reorder’ button right from their customer account page, cutting short any extra steps they typically would have to take.
5. Faster login with social login options
One of the main reasons new visitors never sign up is because of the lengthy registration process involved. However, with a customized customer account, you can add features like social login that shorten this process.
Social login allows shoppers to sign up/login using an existing social media profile. This one-click login method is sure to make the shopper experience more effortless so that customers don’t have to enter any details when getting to their customer account.
6. Give shoppers more reasons to register
With a branded customer account page along with features like wishlisting and rewards, shoppers would have more reasons to register as a customer. Some may register because they want to save items or to redeem specific rewards or just because of how special the customer account experience is.
7. Allow shoppers to save items that catch their eye
Wishlisting is an important feature, especially if you have a large catalog to offer. You can offer wishlisting within your customer account so that shoppers can save items directly from the product catalog and then see these wishlisted products when they open their customer account page.
Being able to save items allows shoppers to shortlist their favorites and later compare these options to finalize the item that they want to purchase.
8. Let shoppers refer back to their browsing history
Amazon has a ‘Browsing History’ section that lets its shoppers view all the products they were looking at previously. Such a section makes it easier for shoppers to refer back to an item that caught their eye but which they didn’t save.
You can add a ‘Browsing History’ section within your branded customer account to provide this frictionless experience for your shoppers too. The Flits app is built to help merchants set up customer account pages that look like them and add robust features that make the customer want to spend time in these customer account pages.
Set up a personalized customer account page with Flits!
With features like one-click reorder and rewards, you can leverage your customer account page to drive repeat purchases and increase loyalty on your Shopify store.
We hope this helped you understand the importance of a well-designed and robust customer account page. Flits is the only Shopify app that lets you transform your customer account page, customize it, and add personalization features to allow your customers to frequent your Shopify store.
The app lets you set up a range of features on your Shopify customer account:
- Order History: Shoppers can view their past orders easily through this page.
- Saved Addresses: Let shoppers save addresses and manage them via this page.
- Reorder: Allow shoppers to reorder specific items through the Order History page with just the click of a button.
- Wishlists: Let your shoppers save items they were interested in to simplify their experience on your Shopify store and let them buy these wishlisted items with a direct add to cart.
- Rewards: Set up a rewards program within your customer account page where shoppers can view activities that will earn them rewards and even redeem them.
- Referrals: Allow shoppers to refer your store to other potential customers and earn rewards when a referred customer registers or shops.
- Social Login: Allow shoppers to login with just one click using their social media accounts.
- Browsing History: Set up a ‘Recently Viewed Products’ section on your customer account so that shoppers can view their browsing history and not have to struggle to find items that caught their eye.
Once set up, you can monitor how customers use their customer account, make tweaks, and then use this data to set up personalized marketing messages and even on-site tactics for better conversions.
Gunjan is the co-founder of Flits, the only Shopify app that lets you transform your customer account page, customize it, and add personalization features to help you increase repeat purchases and loyalty on your Shopify store.